- Click - View the 2020 Categories tab
- Select the main category you wish to view, complete and submit the login form to view the full list of 2020 categories in that specific group.
- Select the category or categories you wish to enter. Click on the category and a drop down description of that category will appear
- Each category contains an entry form (word doc) which you will be asked to download and complete. DIFFERENT CATEGORIES HAVE DIFFERENT ENTRY FORMS. (If you wish to enter the same campaign into multiple categories, you may use one entry form - refer to FAQ question 7 for more details)
- The Special Awards categories and Individual Awards have a different entry form, which requires more motivational content to support your entry
- Complete the necessary requirements, attaching any applicable links that can help support your entry
- Once you have completed your entry or entries, they can be emailed to email@example.com
- Any large files can also be sent via WeTransfer, DropBox or Google Docs
- Check this FAQ page for more tips on entering
- All work flighted between 1 May 2019 and 31 May 2020 can be entered into the awards.
- Entries are open to all South African media agencies, corporate companies, private institutions, government bodies, individuals, creatives across all industries and registered students.
- If you think you have a winning campaign, designed a new website, developed a new App 'that's innovative and a cut above the rest or maybe you are an outstanding individual within your organisation or a standalone Influencer, WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AND YOU enter.
- Small, Medium and large enterprises, are all welcome
- If you are a corporate company and do not have an agency that helps with your marketing, you are welcome to enter your own internal marketing campaigns, apps or web-sites & key individual performers for the awards.
Yes, you can submit a previously entered campaign – just be sure to show any significant changes in the results, reach and coverage that indicates why the entry is different this year.
- Yes, you can enter the same campaign for more than one category
- If you intend to enter a campaign into multiple categories you may use one entry form, provided that you clearly list the different categories 'that you are entering that campaign into. (you can list the categories on the entry form and highlight them)
- Be sure to show a reason as to why that campaign is relevant for each of the categories into which you wish to enter it
- Show measurable results, and provide a motivation; highlight specific results within that campaign that may differ from category to category
- Give the judges a comparison against which to measure the campaign, something that makes the entry stand out across the various categories into which it is entered
- It’s not just a case of copying and pasting the same information across multiple categories. Give it some thought!
The 2020 finalists will be announced in August 2020 across social media and through various media releases.
- This year’s virtual awards ceremony will be streamed in early September via Justpalm.com on social & digital media and through our media partners online platforms.
- The awards show will last approx. 1hr 30mins and will contain live entertainment from a few surprise SA acts.
2020 entry fees as follows: All prices Excl VAT
R1, 200 per entry per category for all entries submitted into our Corporate, Agency and Online Media & Tools categories.
R1, 300 per entry per category for all entries submitted into our Special Awards Categories; excludes the Best Individual Influencer Marketer Category.
R850.00 per entry for all entries submitted into our Best Individual Influencer Marketer Category.
R750.00 per entry for all Student Entries.
Payment method eft:
Once entries have been received, invoices will be raised and sent out accordingly.
- Once all the entries have been received they are divided equally amongst the judging panel.
- Each judge is responsible for marking a certain number of entries and categories.
- Each entry is marked by a minimum of 4 judges which helps to create a fairer weighting across all categories and entries.
- Each entry is marked according to a set of criteria, which varies from category to category.
The main six point criteria that judges mark all work against is as follows:
- Judges will also consider additional criteria specifically tailored for specific categories.
- Each criteria has a different score value.
- Once the judging is completed the scores given to each entry are tallied up out of a possible 100 points.
- To become a finalist, entries must score a minimum of 65 points.
- Over and above the finalist bench mark, there are two additional bench marks in place.
- The highest scoring entry within these two bench marks determines who wins the Gold and Silver awards.
- Occasionally a Bronze award will be awarded for outstanding work that came close to achieving silver status.
- Should two or more entries receive the same overall score from the judges, we will award 2, Golds, 2 Silvers, 2 Bronzes where applicable.
If any of our Judges choose to enter work into the awards, they will not mark any of the categories that they or their clients have entered into, as with previous years judging.
YES - R750.00 per entry for all Student Entries.
- Student entries will be judged separately against all other student entries from across the continent
- All student work should be submitted by the school, university or college representitives rather than individual students submitting their work directly.